Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why can't I get a little ahead, instead of a bigger behind?!

Diet. Day 44. Thick clouds seems to be looming and wanting to rain on my parade. The clouds part and a small ray of sunshine beams through, indicating brighter days ahead.

Sigh. Holiday is over and life is back to normal. I started it out really well, in my eating choices and meal sizes. I was adamant that I would not let it ruin my hard work. "Let's talk about your holiday and how to tackle that", my dietitian wisely asked last visit. A cheery me replied, "It won't be a problem at all, I will be so good!". Day three of holiday, and things are not looking good. Diet Fail. Although I could have been a lot worse, I also could have been a lot better. Anyway, holiday is over, and there is nothing I can change now!

Back from holiday, and even though I am eating well and trying to exercise as much as I can, I am feel like this is the mid-life crisis period of my diet/life change. I am lacking motivation, and I am sick of eating food that is boring. There is not a lot of choice when it comes to low KJ/healthy food. And I don't have time to create different, tasty, and healthy masterpieces.

I have an appointment this coming weekend with my dietitian, and I need to discuss this with her, along with what I am doing wrong. I have budged about 3 kgs and several cm's off my measurements in most places, but I still feel like things aren't happening as fast as they should, considering I am eating really well when compared to what the 'before' me ate. I have had a busy few weeks with work before and after my holiday, a trip to Sydney and back which if I blinked I missed, and a toddler who has been ill with teething and fevers and generally unhappy most of the day. I feel a bit burnt out. That's life, I guess. I am trying my best not to take the temptation of hot chips on these cold rainy days when I feel like that will just hit the spot.

I have begun writing a food diary again, as I did in the first week of my dieting. I feel it will be good to not only record and view what is going into my mouth, but also to take to the dietitian to see if/where I might be going wrong. 

I am still determined to stick to this, and to get to that finish line, no matter how long it takes or what hurdles are in my way. I am thoroughly enjoying playing squash and also going to the gym, which is a great plus. And I have also not only found that I have more energy day to day, but that certain clothing items are 'looser' on me. :)

I shall leave it there, and hopefully come Monday week, I will have some better news from my dietitian visit and also some new found motivation and encouragement.

Thank you for reading my blog.... annndddddd....Goodnight. x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I now know you have lost 5kg in total. Absolutely Awesome. You are doing something right - keep it up and you will get to like the healthy options. Try something you would not normally eat, say once a week - and you might find something yummy that is also healthy!
    Keep up the good work - remember, I'm right behind you! <3

    ReplyDelete