Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Road to Success

Reporting for duty. Day 51.

Dietitian visit was a success! Loss of a further 2.5kg and 2 to 3 cm's off each measurement around my body. This is JUST the pick-me-up I needed. I was given a pat on the back and told not to be so harsh on myself. And if I managed a week's holiday without putting on weight, I did very well!

So that means I have lost of total of 5 kgs. Which is approx 0.7kg per week. Yay! I feel good, and have fresh determination to continue to my goal!

I tried a new, healthy recipe tonight. It was great! Even fussy hubby enjoyed it. And the toddler!  Thought I might share it:

SALMON RISSOLES

2 -3 medium potatoes
1 - 1.5 cups frozen mixed veg (e.g. Peas and Corn) - Tinned would also work for this.
2 cups bread crumbs
1 egg
Salt and Pepper
415g tin Salmon (good brand salmon)

Peel, cut up and boil potatoes. Once soft, mash well. Drain Salmon and remove bones. Add salmon to potato mix, along with salt and pepper, veggie mix (pre-cooked for 3 -4 mins), and egg. Mix well.

Add in 1 cup crumbs. Mix well. Roll mixture into golf size balls, then coat/roll in bread crumbs (remaining cup of crumbs). Coat well and then flatten a little to rissole size.

Cook with a drizzle of oil and voila!


I hope you are able to share this recipe and enjoy it as well. I served with Cheese and Chive Pasta mix and fresh Salad. (and a wine :)).

'Til next time, signing off.

1 comment: