Friday, February 4, 2011

Meltdown = change

My first post on my first (real) blog. Let me tell you about my day and why I started this blog.....

A good friend of mine started a blog recently and I though it was a great way to get thing of your chest or share ideas or even just rant and rave. I had nothing to possibly blog about though.... I do know a lot about jewellery, yes. And shoes.. don't get me started. But nothing I could get a decent blog out of. Atleast I thought so.... until today.....

My day started with Craig leaving at 6.15, and pulling the pillow off that was covering my face to say 'Bye, Soph is up and watching her DVD but hasn't eaten yet'. Yep, great, bye. Pillow goes back over head until a few minutes later when a curious toddler begins poking at my side. 'MUUUMMMMMYYYYY!!'. Thus began my day. Sophia was in a feral mood, throwing things, grabbing things she is not allowed and knows it, and generally being in a soon-to-be-two mood. I got up, and went into the lounge. Somewhere between then and around 8.15, I had a meltdown. I phoned my husband in tears and said 'I can't do this anymore!'. 'This' being the perfect parent/wife/career woman/sahm etc etc. There was tonnes of washing to be done, the house was very dirty and desperately needed a vacuum/mop (partly because the pest control man said no mopping for two weeks... ewww) and I wasn't sleeping well and Sophia was being a right feral... so add those up and you get one emotional/cranky/over it me. To sum it up big time ..... RUT.

Anyway, it was at that point I decided I needed to do something about this. It starts with lack of sleep. Why? No exercise means body isn't as tired. Hence, body won't sleep as deeply/easily or as much as it needs too. I decided this rut had little to do with housework and toddler tantrums and more to do with my diet and my attitude. So, the light bulb went off. Sick of emotional eating, lack of exercise/fresh air and my general thoughts on life. If I want things to change, I have to change ME first.

So, thats where we get to here. I made an appointment with a Dietitian. She was so lovely. Didn't even complain when the tears came. (Emotional day, remember?). So I now have a diet plan, eating schedule, meal ideas, etc etc and now I need to train my mind and body. Exercising once this week will still be more than last week, and I loved that that was the Dietitian's attitude too. So, diet starts tomorrow, and I have an appointment to see her again on 12th Feb.

I have tried many many diets and exercise programs. Try, fail. Lose, gain. Try, fail. Over it! Why is this one different I hear you asking? Let me explain. When you pay $50 a pop to see the Dietitian, that is pure motivation enough. Add to that the fact she weighs and measures you each visit, and you have that extra boost you need. Someone else to report to, someone else to motivate and support you. Someone else to lecture you when you slip, someone else to know what you are feeling.

So here is me signing off. Goodbye overweight, unhappy, unhealthy Erin.
Hello to tomorrow....and a new, happy, healthy moi! :)

4 comments:

  1. Go Erin! We're right behind you! Good luck with your efforts, and know we're encouraging you all the way. I've started to do some more walking too, in a bid to get healthier, and shift some of my weight. Anything you need, just shout. Lots of love, Louise and Paul x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sweetie and am here to support you in any way I can, except to pick you up and hug you like I used to do when you were little.....he he!
    MWAH
    LUMAMED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lovely Erin

    By the way your email came through to my old email address, my new email address is chrissie19@iprimus.com.au. I thought I would read your blog to see how you are going.
    All I can add to the other two comments is that the Erin I can remember was determined and would not let anything stand in her of achieving what she wanted.
    As far as your diet and exercise is concerned, my advice to you is to just take it day by day. To start with set yourself small goals and remember to reward yourself. Walking is great exercise and your can always take Sophia in the pushchair. I am currently using a skipping rope and hola hoop.
    You will succeed in whatever you set your mind to I know.
    Love & Hugs Chris xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin... Well first of all honey..."GOOD FOR YOU"...and a big hug of encouragement coming your way too from me.... It is awful when you just feel "blah" & yes...it often has to do with attitude... but as Chris said...one day at a time...baby steps...make little goals & once achieved reward yourself.... Look in that mirror and say I am beautiful, and I deserve all & only good things....
    By the way I love the idea of the "blog" ... grand idea and this way we can all watch & cheer you on.... Much love from me to you
    xx B xx

    ReplyDelete