Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 2

Well, it's day two. So far.... I have stuck to this life changing diet/plan. These past couple of days, I have been thinking of all the foods I will be missing out on for a while, whilst on this life change path, which has made me feel slightly depressed. I love deep fried food. I eat it regularly. Portion size, I feel, is not so much my issue. My issue is eating the wrong kinds of foods and serious lack of exercise.  So I decided I was in need of an injection of positivity!  So, I am creating a list of all the things I am very much looking 'forward to' when I start losing the weight....
  1. Lying in bed at night and not feeling my double chin stuck between my normal chin and my neck
  2. Walking up the stairs in my house and not feeling puffed
  3. Being able to run around with my daughter and her tiring before me
  4. Not having to purchase 'plus size' clothing (which are much more $$$ than the average sized clothes)
  5. Not sweating easily or getting overheated in mildly warm conditions
  6. Getting to the end of the day and not feeling generally like a blimp
  7. Having more energy just to get through the day
  8. Making my family and friends prouder of me
  9. Feeling as good on the inside as I will on the outside
  10. Being a better ME!
I read a great article the other day that has stuck with me. It suggested not referring to shedding the kilos as 'Losing weight'. When we lose something, it suggests we want it back, or hope to one day get it back. SO not the case with fat!! So, they had the clever idea of saying you are 'releasing' or 'abandoning' the kilos. I like this idea! My dietitian has warned me that in the first few weeks, I may not see a huge 'releasing' of kilos. Simply because when you change your diet dramatically, weight can fluctuate at a gain or loss. She suggested to focus on the measurements (which she took at initial meeting).

One thing I am finding difficult in these first few days is drinking loads more water. I have to train myself to have a glass before each meal, each day. (5 glasses a day) From someone who barely drank 1-2 glasses a day (yes mother, I hear you, naughty me), this is a struggle. My bladder is in for a rude shock! Any tips or ideas with how to make this change a little easier?  Another reason this plan is good, is because it makes you feel fuller before you eat your meals.

No exercise as yet. This weekend has been grossly hot and humid. This is not an excuse, just an observation :) My goal for this first week was 1-2 times a week. This still gives me the rest of the week to seriously get into it. I DO have an exercise bike coming my way, which is motivating! I can still sit in the air con and enjoy a trashy soap on telly, all whilst riding my butt off .....Literally, I hope!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good work hunnie.. you can do this and I back you 100% ... if you need any help or anyone to work out with etc just give me a call :) Catch up soon xxxx Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. More proud.....now that would be an added bonus ! MWAH Mum xx

    ReplyDelete